This year (2016), I shall be starting a group class in obedience training for dogs of 6 months and older. This is especially good for dogs where other group classes haven’t been successful.
The first course will be scheduled to start during May, it will be for 1 hour duration and run for 10 weeks total, location to be confirmed.
This will be 10 weeks long and covers the list below:
- Walking the dog to heel with turns left and right
on and off lead
- Walking around people with no reactivity
- Stand for examination by a stranger off lead
- Automatic sits both on and off lead when stopping
- Sit stays on and off lead
- Down stays for long durations and out of sight
- Recalls off lead
At the finish you should be able to pass the AKC Novice trial (USA standard). Whilst not available in the UK it is a standard that I’m sure you’ll be impressed by. Here is a link to YouTube video of what this looks like http://youtu.be/enJR6BtRMNg
Pricing will be £150 per person/dog combination for the course.
All equipment required can be supplied for an additional fee. Most items can be sourced from hardware shop or DIY made if you have some handy skills.
This course is aimed at those that wish to gain off lead reliability with their dogs.
If you wish to join a group class please register your interest here